Criteria For Entry
Warringa Park School is a Victorian Government school for young people aged between 5 and 18 years with intellectual disabilities.
To be eligible to attend Warringa Park a student must have a formal diagnosis of Intellectual Disability. This does not preclude other disabilities and/or disorders such as Autistic Spectrum Disorder or physical disabilities. However, to attend Warringa Park a student must be assessed as having a Full Scale Intelligence Quota of 70 or below and an Adaptive Behaviour Composite of 70 or below.
The assessment for enrolment at Warringa park School must include a cognitive assessment and the approved Vineland assessment.
Assessments must indicate that the student meets the Department of Education (DE) criteria for support under the Program for Students with Disabilities (PSD).
For students wishing to enter from a mainstream school, the referring school is responsible for having assessments done, if they are required.
Students new to the system such as a Prep, student from interstate or from the Catholic / Independent School system will also require a current cognitive assessment. Please contact our enrolments team to further discuss the requirements.
Copies of letters from doctors, paediatricians, occupational, speech or physiotherapists relating to the student’s disability or medical condition are also of assistance in completing assessments and applications.
2024 School Tour dates
WPS 2025 Prep Tours
Term 1 – Week 8 Wednesday March 20th @ 10am
Term 2 – Week 4 Wednesday May 8th @ 10am. Week 8 Wednesday 5th June @ 10am
Term 3 – Week 4 Wednesday August 7th @ 10am. Week 8 Wednesday September 4th @ 10am
Term 4 – Week 4 Wednesday October 30th @ 10am. Week 8 Wednesday November 27th @ 10am
WPS Early, Middle & Upper primary Tours
Term 1 – Week 8 Tuesday March 19th @ 9:30am
Term 2 – Week 4 Tuesday May 7th @ 9:30am. Week 8 Tuesday 4th June @ 9:30am
Term 3 – Week 4 Tuesday August 6th @ 9:30am. Week 8 Tuesday 3rd September @ 9:30am
Term 4 – Week 4 Tuesday October 29th @ 9:30am. Week 8 Tuesday 26th November @ 9:30am
Bethany Road Campus Tours
Term 1 – Week 8 Thursday March 21st @ 9:30am
Term 2 – Week 4 Thursday May 16th @ 9:30am. Week 8 Thursday 4th June @ 9:30am
Term 3 – Week 4 Thursday August 8th @ 9:30am. Week 8 Thursday 5th September @ 9:30am
Term 4 – Week 4 Thursday October 31st @ 9:30am. Week 8 Thursday 28th November @ 9:30am
Cayleys Road Campus Tours
Term 1 – Week 8 Friday March 22nd @ 9:30am
Term 2 – Week 4 Friday May 10th @ 9:30am. Week 9 Friday 14th June @ 9:30am (Changed to week 9 due to Curriculum Day)
Term 3 – Week 4 Friday August 9th @ 9:30am. Week 8 Friday 6th September @ 9:30am
Term 4 – Week 4 Friday November 1st @ 9:30am. Week 8 Friday 29th November @ 9:30am
How to Enrol
Click the link below to fill in an Enrolment Inquiry Form. Alternately you can come to the school and request a paper copy of our Inquiry Form. Once completed a member of the Enrolments and Funding Team will contact you.
Enrolment Enquiry Form
A tour of the school is an essential part of our initial contact with prospective families, and we are happy to arrange these for parents and students once we have all inquiry forms completed.
If your child is deemed eligible for enrolment at Warringa Park School, you will be given an Enrolment Pack to complete. All documents must be returned in person to the school prior to the completion of enrolment. We do not accept electronic copies.
Contact the School to arrange a time to drop off your completed enrolment form and supporting documentation between 10:00 am – 2:00 pm, Monday to Friday.
Please note the below supporting documents are REQUIRED prior to commencement.
- Enrolment forms – these can be obtained from the Enrolment Coordinator
- A copy of the student’s birth certificate, passport or visa or letter of confirmation of residency status
- A copy of the student’s immunisation records. This can be obtained from the Medicare website.
- Medicare card
- Copies of any medical plans, ie asthma, allergy, epilepsy or anaphylaxis
- A list of any medications taken by the child at school
- Proof of Residence (Tenancy Agreement or Contract of Sale)
Once all documents have been returned a transition period will be negotiated with the Enrolments Team and one of our Leading Teachers.
School Zoning & Bus Information
As a specialist school, we do no not have a specified enrolment zone, however, we do have a Designated Transport Area (DTA) that you must live within to access the school bus service. Please contact the school for more information about our DTA.
Please be aware that:
- Bus seats are prioritised for those that live more than 4.8kms from the school. For those living less than 4.8km, a conditional seat will be allocated only if a seat is available. This seat must be relinquished if a higher priority student requires the seat.
- A Student must be enrolled for a minimum of 3 days to be eligible for the Bus service.
- Students will be provided with designated pick-up point. These will usually be on main roads and PTV bus stops rather than parking in front of houses.
- If you move during your child’s schooling, you must apply for a new seat on the bus. Seat availability and nearest pick up point will be given upon application if seats are available on that route. In case ff unavailability of a seat, you may choose to opt for conveyance allowance and take full responsibility of transportation to and from school, or be placed on a waiting list.