Criteria For Entry
Warringa Park School is a Victorian Government school for young people aged between 5 and 18 years with intellectual disabilities.
To be eligible to attend Warringa Park a student must have a formal diagnosis of Intellectual Disability. This does not preclude other disabilities and/or disorders such as Autistic Spectrum Disorder or physical disabilities. However, to attend Warringa Park a student must be assessed as having a Full Scale Intelligence Quota of 70 or below and an Adaptive Behaviour Composite of 70 or below.
How to Enrol
Click the link below to fill in an Enrolment Inquiry Form. Alternately you can come to the school and request a paper copy of our Inquiry Form. Once completed a member of the Enrolments and Funding Team will contact you.
Enrolment Enquiry Form
Transition and Enrolment Pack
If your child is deemed eligible for enrolment at Warringa Park School a transition period will be negotiated with the Enrolments Team and one of our Leading Teachers. At this point you will be given an Enrolment Pack to complete. All documents must be returned in person to the school prior to the completion of enrolment. We do not accept electronic copies. Contact the School to arrange a time to drop off your completed enrolment form and supporting documentation between 10:00 am – 2:00 pm, Monday to Friday.
Please note the below supporting documents are REQUIRED prior to commencement.
- Birth Certificate (English translated)
- Immunisation Form from the Australian Immunisation Register
- Proof of Residence (Tenancy Agreement or Contract of Sale)
- Medical Management Plans (Asthma and Anaphylaxis)
School Zoning & Bus Information
As a specialist school we do no not have a specified enrolment zone however, we do have a Designated Transport Area (DTA) that you must live within to access the school bus service. This area is currently being updated. Please contact the school for more information about our DTA.
Please be aware that:
- Bus seats are prioritised for those that live more than 4.8kms from the school. For those living less than 4.8km, a conditional seat will be allocated only if a seat is available. This seat must be relinquished if a higher priority student requires the seat.
- A Student must be enrolled for a minimum of 3 days to be eligible for the Bus service.
- Students will be provided with designated pick-up point. These will usually be on main roads and PTV bus stops rather than parking in front of houses.
- If you move during your child’s schooling you must apply for a new seat on the bus. Seat availability and nearest pick up point will be given upon application. There is no guarantee of a bus spot if moving during the school year.